Italian dessert invented during the 1970s, based on a plain cake or a yeasted sweet bread soaked in spirits or liqueur and coffee. Tiramisu topped with a mascarpone mixture, sometimes containing beaten egg yolks lightened with whisked egg whites.
Tiramisu literally means ‘lift me up’ or ‘pick me up’ or ‘cheer me up’.
How to make tiramisu
*make 200 ml (3/4 cup) strong coffee and leave it to cool.
*Whisk 4 egg whites until soft peaks form.
*Boil 90 g caster (superfine) sugar in a pan with 2 tablespoons water for exactly 3 minutes, then pour the boiling syrup in a steady stream over the egg whites, whisking constantly until the mixture has cooled completely.
*Beat 250 g mascarpone with 4 egg yolks, then gently fold in the cooled egg whites. Quickly dip 20 sponge fingers (ladyfingers light and delicately sweet sponge cake biscuits also known as savoiardi).
In the coffee and use them to line the base of a gratin dish.
A plain vanilla loaf cake is use as an alternative cause its gives the same base and texture to the tiramisu
*Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons dry Marsala. ( Dry Marsala is typically used for savory entrées where it adds a nutty flavor)
*Spread half the mascarpone (an Italian soft cheese) mixture over the sponge fingers and grate 90 g milk chocolate on top.
*Make a second layer of coffee-dipped fingers, sprinkle with a further 3 tablespoons Marsala and top with the remaining mascarpone.
*Transfer to the refrigerator until the following day. Just before serving, sift unsweetened cocoa powder over the top.
- Best Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- How to make Mille-Feuille in easy steps
- Croissants |Parisian & Viennese Croissants
- The Best Italian Tiramisu Recipe|How to make Tiramisu
- Olives | Different types of Olives
- What is a Floating Island dessert and how to make it?
- What does Vermouth mean |Types of Vermouth?
- What are Empanada & Does is similar to Gunjia
- History And Origin Of Bavarian Cream
- History Of PIZZA & Types Of PIZZA
- What are Crépes ? and best recipies for Crépes.
- How to make CHEESE & Different varieties of CHEESE
- Making of Blue-Veined Cheese or Blue Cheese
- One of the most important & delicate dish of French cuisine is known as FOIE GRAS
- Whiskey or Whisky what’s the difference in between them?
- What is Viticulture? and What are the Vine Disease’s?
- What is Gnocchi , Gnocchi a`la Romano & Gnocchi a`la Parisienne?
- Different Types of Coffee and how to make it.
- What is Hummus & How to make delicious and healthy Hummus.