Vermouth is a fortified wine & aromated wine. Its name from German word. It is made from grapes.
Wermut means worm woods ( 1st marketed as medicine for theropatic & digestive properties).
- Italian vermouth refers to sweet & red.
- French vermouth refers to dry
Both countries France & Italy makes all types of vermouth.
Different types of vermouth
- Dry vermouth: It is term as french dry white wine flavoured & fortifies light yellow golden colour.
- Sweet vermouth: Italian vermouth reddish brown in colour & sweet from white wine flavoured coloured with caramel.
- Bianco vermouth: Sweetened with mistellie( alcoholic rich behaviour ) & sugar.
- Rose vermouth: It is less. sweet than bianco & coloured with caramel.